Meet the periodic HIPAA training requirement with this on-demand course for mental health audiences. Hosted by industry expert Mike Sacopulos, attendees will learn ways to remain HIPAA-compliant while protecting patient privacy and avoiding fines from The Office for Civil Rights.
This course covers
- COVID-19 information flow and flexibilities
- Email phishing
- Telemedicine and video conferencing
- Federation of State Medical Boards
- Informed consent
- Privacy and security of patient records and patient confidence
- Social media
- Timely access to patient records
- Unauthorized access to patient records
- Ransomware and malware
- Health and wellness apps
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate 2020 HIPAA Privacy and Security Training.
Click here for our HIPAA brochure.
About the Speaker
This course is hosted by Mike Sacopulos, CEO of Medical Risk Institute (MRI) and General Counsel for Medical Justice Services. In 2012, he won the Edward B. Stevens ‘Article of the Year’ Award for MGMA and had a Top 10 article of 2014 on Medscape. He attended Harvard College, London School of Economics and Indiana University/Purdue University School of Law.
- For auditing purposes, you must register individually and complete the assessment to be considered HIPAA-trained.
- If you complete this course, you don't need to complete HIPAA and Patient Privacy Training for Medical Providers and Staff.
- Recorded June 2020.
- Availity cannot issue refunds.
Special Purchasing/Volume Discounts
To purchase this course for multiple staff members or to take advantage of our volume discount for over 100 registrations, contact AvailityLearning@availity.com.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate HIPAA Privacy and Security Training with Michael Sacopulos 1
Your cart is empty